Each Sunday of the month, we pick a dish or recipe as our theme for the workshop. We then use culinary vocabulary, techniques, and skills to recreate the recipe from scratch.
We think it is important that everyone knows how to cook and be familiar in the kitchen. Cooking has been a skill since history has been written. But with so many convenient options to have food ready in front of us at the click of a button, it has become a skill taken for granted. We stress the importance of culinary skills and how they can be translated into the real world in an exciting, group, hands-on experience. With the right ingredients, tools and a little guidance, Jr. Chefs can recreate anything they set their minds to. After they are done, they get to enjoy their creations and leave with full tummies!
Led by our culinary educators Junior Chefs utilize knife skills, measurement skills, recipe reading skills, sanitation, and other culinary skills to prepare Junior Chefs to be comfortable in the kitchen.
Held at 4501 West Chestnut St. Philadelphia, PA 19139 on the 3rd Floor Kitchen of West Catholic Preparatory High School
Each Sunday of the Month from 10 AM – 12 PM
- June 9th – In-Quiche-You Were Wondering
- June 16th – Brunch with Dad
- June 30th – Sunday Caesar Salad
- July 7th – Sunday Summer Cookout
- July 14th – Conflictos Taco Sunday
- July 21st – BBQ Chix Fingers Sunday
- August 4th – Slice Your Sundays Pizza Style
- August 11th – All Chips In On Sunday
- August 18th – Smooth(ie) Transition to the end of Summer